Grilled Fish Tacos with Summer Salsa #SundaySupper
You know how every once in awhile, you really REALLY get your money’s worth of something? That’s how I feel about the Maui guidebook Jeff and I took on our honeymoon six years ago. We used this thing every day that we were there, letting it guide us on driving tours around the island, to the best beaches for snorkeling, and to amazing local restaurants. We’ve even sent this book along with friends on at least five other honeymoons and vacations. My parents are taking it back this fall for their first trip to Hawaii.
One of the meals the good book guided us to was a small taco joint where I had my first-ever plate of fish tacos. Growing up in a small Midwestern town, fish tacos didn’t really hit my radar before that trip, but I instantly fell in love. I love them (and pretty much all tacos) for a trifecta of reasons: they’re healthy but tasty, they’re easy on your budget, and they’re incredibly fast and simple to pull together.
Since the theme of today’s #SundaySupper, sponsored by American Family Insurance and hosted by Denise of Run DMT, is “Family Healthy Fit Lifestyle,” I knew it was the perfect time to make my first at-home fish tacos. I think taco meals like this are perfect for families on the go who are trying to maintain a fit lifestyle, as they come together quickly and utilize lots of low-fat ingredients for big flavor!
I used affordable tilapia here, and rubbed it with cumin for a virtually calorie-free boost of flavor to start with. The fish is thrown on the grill for just a few minutes, then topped with hot sauce and a fresh mixture of avocado, mango, jicama, cilantro and lime juice. This meal would be perfect for a fit family who wants to get cooking together, as one person can be outside grilling the fish, while others can pull together the toppings and warm the tortillas.
For more fresh and light recipes like this one, make sure you follow American Family Insurance’s Health and Fitness #ChooseDream Pinterest Board. You can also find American Family Insurance on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Google+, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Yield: 4 Prep Time: 20 Cook Time: 8
Grilled Fish Tacos with Summer Salsa
Prep Time: 20
Cook Time: 8
Don’t forget to check out all of the delicious Sunday Supper recipes:
Get Up and Go Power Breakfasts
- Get Up and Go Mocha Breakfast Smoothie by The Foodie Army Wife
- Avocado Tomato and Feta Toast with Poached Eggs by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Banana Oat Smoothie by The Messy Baker
Salads and Healthy Snacks
- Cherry Kale Panzanella by Jelly Toast
- Watermelon Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing by Runner’s Tales
- Southwestern Chicken Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pantry Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Energy Bars by Magnolia Days
Healthy Fit Lifestyle Dinners
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Summer Salsa by Foxes Love Lemons
- Blueberry Pork Chops by MealDiva
- Individual Grilled Veggie Pizzas by Curious Cuisiniere
- Almond Cashew Chicken by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Quinoa Bowls with Grilled Vegetables and Corn Salsa by Ruffles & Truffles
- Chicken and Mushroom Stuffed Peppers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sesame Chicken and Vegetable Pasta by Momma’s Meals
- Spiced Yogurt Chicken Kabobs by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Chicken Spinach Quinoa and Brown Rice by Family Foodie
- Healthy Coconut Banana Cookies by Alida’s Kitchen
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie Popsicles by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Blueberry Quinoa Cobbler by Run DMT
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here – Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by American Family Insurance. All opinions are my own. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography.