Happy Tuesday! Just a super quick little post today to tell you guys about one of my favorite summer weeknight meals. Lots of readers seem to love my 5-minute prep Roasted Salmon with Spicy Apricot Glaze, so I knew I wanted to come up with a summertime version.
This Grilled Salmon with Sweet Jalapeño Glaze is also incredibly simple, healthful and absolutely delicious. Simple puree lime juice, molasses and a bit of fresh jalapeño into a sweet and spicy glaze. Then throw some salmon pieces on a hot grill. The most important thing to remember there is that the salmon will tell you when it’s ready to be flipped. If you try to flip it, and it sticks to the grill even a little, it’s not ready to be flipped. Give it a few minutes, then try it again – it should easily release when it’s ready. Brush the salmon with the sweet jalapeño glaze and serve with a side salad for an easy, fresh summer meal that’s ready in a flash!
Grilled Salmon with Sweet Jalapeño Glaze
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 tablespoon chopped jalapeño pepper
- 4 center-cut skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for grill
1. Preheat outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In mini food processor, puree lime juice, molasses and jalapeño until smooth.
2. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Lightly brush grill grates with oil. Place salmon fillets skin-side up onto grill. Cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until fish easily releases from grill.
3. Flip salmon and continue to cook 6 to 8 minutes longer or until salmon is almost opaque throughout and internal temperature reaches 135 degrees F. Brush salmon with glaze and cook 2 minutes longer. Remove from grill and serve immediately.