Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots
Make your vegetable side dish swoon-worthy with these tender, sweet and delicious Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots. Just a few simple ingredients!
Lately, I’ve been really into vegetable side dishes that are as special (or MORE special) than the main dish on my plate. I love it when the vegetables like butternut squash noodles or balsamic asparagus are actually the star of the plate, and any meat or protein is kind of the supporting player.
My new strategy is to find a really fresh piece of fish or chicken, sprinkle it with simple seasonings, and simply throw it in the oven.
Since those “recipes” like my sockeye salmon recipe take about 30 seconds of prep time, I have plenty of time to devote to the vegetable I’m about to give the royal treatment.
These Garlic Honey Roasted Carrots were SO SO SO good that I couldn’t even tell you what else we had for dinner the night we ate them. All I remember are the honey garlic carrots!
What you’ll need for these oven glazed carrots:
- carrots – you don’t want to use baby carrots or carrot chips for these roasted carrots with honey. You want beautiful, fresh, whole carrots. Make sure they’re all about the same size so they roast evenly.
- butter – this will form the backbone of the glaze for the honey roasted carrots.
- honey – this makes our glaze sticky and sweet! You can also use maple syrup instead of honey.
- garlic – you’ll need a hefty tablespoon of minced garlic to make this recipe nice and savory.
- salt and pepper – of course! Montreal steak seasoning is another seasoning I’ll often use for these garlic roasted carrots to change things up.
- rosemary – fresh rosemary sprigs add a special, herby touch to these oven glazed carrots.
How to make roasted carrots with honey:
First, preheat the oven, and cut the carrots in half lengthwise and arrange them in a baking dish.
Then, melt the butter in a small saucepan, and stir in the honey until it’s dissolved. Then add the rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper and cook just until the garlic is a bit fragrant and soft.
Pour the butter mixture over the carrots, and then transfer the carrots to the oven and roast them about 25 to 30 minutes or until they’re tender.
Do I have to use rosemary for honey roasted carrots?
Don’t like rosemary? That’s totally fine. Thyme is perfect for these oven glazed carrots (and a butter board), too.
What should I serve with roasted glazed carrots?
A better question is what CAN’T you serve with these honey roasted carrots! But I think they go particularly well with rich meaty dishes like Instant Pot short ribs, smothered pork chops and baked ham with pineapple.
- 1 pound whole carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place carrots in medium baking dish.
- In small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add honey and stir until honey is completely dissolved. Stir in rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper and cook 1 minute or until garlic is fragrant and slightly softened.
- Pour garlic mixture over carrots. Transfer carrots to oven and roast 25 to 30 minutes or until carrots are tender. Serve immediately.
Foxes Love Lemons, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
This website provides estimated nutrition information as a courtesy only. You should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.