Air Fryer Salmon Bites
These Air Fryer Salmon Bites give you crispy restaurant-quality salmon on a weeknight. A quick marinade infuses the fish with soy sauce, maple syrup and garlic.
These Air Fryer Salmon Bites are the best weeknight meal!
I think a lot of people might fall into one of two categories: 1.) Have an under-loved air fryer buried in their kitchen, or 2.) Would like to start eating more salmon but don’t know how to prepare it.
If you fall into one or both of those categories, this Air Fryer Salmon Bites Recipe was made especially with you in mind!
This recipe has a simple but flavorful marinade that results in the most tender salmon that you can use for bowls, salads, tacos and more!
Why you will love these Salmon Bites
- Healthy alternative to cooking methods that require more oil, such as deep frying.
- Bursting with flavor. The savory umami of the soy sauce and the subtle sweetness of the maple syrup in the marinade will have even salmon skeptics coming back for seconds.
- Fridge to table in just about 30 minutes. No need to plan ahead, you only need to let the salmon marinate 15 minutes.
Salmon Bites Recipe ingredients
- skinless salmon fillets – You’ll need about 1-1/4 pounds. If your store only has skin-on salmon, no worries. Just refer to this article on how to remove skin from salmon and you’re all set.
- olive oil – the base of our marinade, and will add some moisture into the salmon.
- maple syrup – adds a touch of sweetness to the marinade.
- soy sauce – enhances the umami profile of the marinade.
- garlic – infuses the salmon with a savory aroma and taste.
- ground black pepper – complements the sweetness of the maple syrup and seasons the fish.
- kosher salt – we’ll be sprinkling this on after the salmon is air fried to season it.
- nonstick cooking spray – essential to prevent the salmon from sticking to the air fryer basket.
How to make Salmon Bites
- Whisk together the marinade and get the salmon into it.
- While the salmon is marinating, preheat your air fryer.
- Spray your air fryer basket with nonstick spray.
- Add salmon pieces to the basket in a single layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to do this in batches. Don’t overcrowd the basket!
- Cook each batch of salmon for 6 to 8 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through. Shake the basket halfway through the cooking time.
- Sprinkle the salmon with salt as soon as it’s finished cooking.
What temp do you put salmon in air fryer?
Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees F before adding the marinated salmon bites for optimal cooking.
How to serve Salmon Nuggets
Or, use them to build tacos or add protein to a salad.
What pairs best with salmon?
My favorite way to eat Air Fryer Salmon Bites is in a rice bowl. Here’s how I build it:
- White or brown rice (usually a microwave pouch since it’s so easy and fast)
- Green onions
- Thai basil or regular basil or cilantro
- Sriracha mayo (literally just stirring together some mayo, a few squirts of sriracha and a splash of water to thin it out)
- Fresh lime wedges for squeezing over the salmon nuggets
Air Fried Salmon Bites storage
Store any leftover salmon bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. To reheat, simply pop the salmon nuggets back into the air fryer for a few minutes until they are warmed through.
Air Fryer Salmon Bites FAQs
To cut salmon bites, first make sure your salmon fillet is skinless and all pin bones are removed. Then, use a sharp knife to cut the salmon into 1-inch cubes, making clean, even cuts.
For this recipe, it’s best to use skinless salmon cubes. However, if you prefer to leave the skin on, place the skin side down to ensure even cooking.
To prevent sticking, liberally spray your air fryer basket with nonstick cooking spray to create a protective nonstick barrier for the air fried salmon bites.
No. In fact, air frying is a healthier way to get crispy salmon bites compared to deep-frying because it uses less oil.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds skinless salmon fillets, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add garlic, olive oil, maple syrup, soy sauce and black pepper to large bowl and whisk until smooth. Add salmon cubes and toss to combine. Let marinate 10 to 15 minutes.
- While salmon marinates, preheat air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Liberally spray air fryer basket with nonstick spray, then place salmon pieces into the basket in single layer. Do not overcrowd basket; cook in batches if necessary.
- Cook 6 to 8 minutes or until internal temperature of salmon reaches 145 degrees F, shaking the basket halfway through cooking. Transfer salmon to warm plate and immediately sprinkle with salt. Repeat with remaining batches if necessary.
Foxes Love Lemons, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 683mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 32g
This website provides estimated nutrition information as a courtesy only. Nutrition information does not include any optional ingredients or toppings. You should calculate the nutrition information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.