Salmon Dill Sauce
This creamy, herby Dill Sauce for Salmon will transform a simple protein into a restaurant-quality dish in just 5 minutes. Also great for chicken, shrimp or veggies!
This Dill Sauce Recipe is a party for your tastebuds
Salmon is one of my favorite weeknight proteins, thanks to how healthy and easy to prepare it is. But sometimes, I admit, it gets a bit boring.
What does a home chef do in an event like this? Whip up a restaurant-quality Dill Sauce for Salmon that will elevate the whole meal!
What does Dill Sauce taste like?
This lemon dill sauce for salmon is a delightful blend of creamy, tangy and herby flavors.
The rich, smooth base of Greek yogurt and mayonnaise is flavored with generous amounts of zesty lemon juice, spicy Dijon mustard and earthy fresh dill and garlic.
Why you’ll love this recipe for Dill Sauce
- It’s so versatile! Not only is it perfect with salmon, but you can also pair it with other types of fish, chicken, and even dip your veggies in it.
- Quick and easy. Takes just 5 minutes to prepare.
- Health benefits from yogurt, like probiotics and protein!
What is Dill Sauce made of?
- Greek yogurt – the creamy, tangy backbone of the salmon dill sauce.
- mayonnaise – adds a rich, silky texture.
- lemon juice – offers a bright, citrusy punch.
- Dijon mustard – provides depth of flavor and a subtle spiciness.
- dill – fresh chopped dill is the star of the show, lending that unmistakable grassy flavor that pairs so well with seafood.
- garlic – adds a savory depth of flavor to this recipe for dill sauce.
- dried parsley and dried oregano – I use these two dried herbs to elevate the flavor of the sauce, but you can use the fresh versions too!
- salt and pepper – crucial for seasoning any sauce to perfection.
How to make Dill Sauce for Salmon
- Gather all of your ingredients, and chop the dill and garlic.
- Mix everything together in a bowl. That’s it!
Home Chef Tips for this Dill Sauce Recipe
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning as needed – you might want to add more salt or pepper to suit your tastebuds. Go for it.
- If you love lemon, add a teaspoon of lemon zest to the sauce.
- Fresh dill is best for the most flavor, but in a pinch, you can use dried dill. It using dried, reduce amount of 2-1/4 teaspoons.
How to use this recipe for Dill Sauce
This dill sauce recipe is incredibly versatile and isn’t JUST for salmon. Make a double batch and use it for a variety of dishes:
- CHICKEN– serve alongside grilled or roasted chicken for a burst of flavor.
- OTHER SEAFOOD – like trout, cod or shrimp.
- VEGGIES – serve this dill sauce as a veggie dip for a delicious snack.
- CRACKERS – it’s great spread on just about any type of savory cracker.
Creamy Dill Sauce for Salmon storage
This dip will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. It may separate a bit as it sits, so make sure to give it a good stir before serving, and it’ll come right back together.
Can you freeze homemade dill sauce?
I wouldn’t recommend it. Creamy sauces lose their smooth texture when they are frozen and thawed. It’s really best to just make this creamy dill sauce for salmon fresh when you need it.
Lemon Dill Sauce for Salmon FAQs
Salmon is known to pair really well with lemon, dill, garlic, parsley and oregano. These ingredients enhance the natural flavors of the salmon.
Apart from dill, parsley and oregano, herbs like tarragon, thyme and rosemary also complement the flavors of salmon wonderfully. Any of these herbs can be added to dill sauce for salmon if you wish.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In medium bowl, stir together all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days before serving. Stir well before serving.
Foxes Love Lemons, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 190mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
This website provides estimated nutrition information as a courtesy only. Nutrition information does not include any optional ingredients or toppings. You should calculate the nutrition information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.