You know that episode of Friends where Joey is obsessed with jam? As in, his mom used to drop him off at the movies with a jar of jam and a spoon? That’s pretty much my husband. Jeff is a jam fanatic, so it’s rare to have an untouched jar of jam in my house that I can use for baking. But I outsmarted him this time!
The December Mitten Crate arrived boasting a bounty of Michigan-made products, including:
- Dave’s Sweet Tooth Coffee Toffee
- Mindo Chocolate Gingerbread Chocolate Bar
- McClary Bros. Michigan Apple Pie Drinking Vinegar
- Slow Jams Blueberry Lavender Jam
- Joseph Wesley Black Tea
When I saw the jam, I made sure to hide it away so that I could make a batch of these Blueberry-Pecan Oatmeal Bars. Eat them for breakfast, take them to a bake sale, or just curl up under a blanket with them.
Want to try a Mitten Crate of your own? Click HERE to get started, and use the code FOXES5OFF for $5 off your first month’s subscription, or use the code FOXFREESHIP for free shipping on a one-time order.
Blueberry & Pecan Oatmeal Bars
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (10 ounce) jar Slow Jams Blueberry Lavendar Jam
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries or currants
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-3/4 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom and sides of 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper; lightly spray parchment with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, stir together jam and dried blueberries.
- In large bowl, whisk flour, brown sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt until well combined. Stir in oats and pecans. Add butter, egg and vanilla; stir until well combined.
- Press half of oat mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Evenly spread jam mixture over oats. Sprinkle remaining oat mixture over jam; lightly press to flatten and cover jam. Transfer to oven and bake 32 to 34 minutes or until light golden brown. Transfer to cooling rack and cool 1 hour before cutting and serving.
Adapted from Giada De Laurentiis.
This post was written by me on behalf of Mitten Crate, who provided me with a free box for recipe development purposes. I was not otherwise compensated for writing this post, and all opinions are 100% my own.