You guys. I’ve been waiting to share this recipe with you for an entire year. Let’s back up, to last July. We had bought our new house and were starting to plan for the dream kitchen, but we were still in the process of selling our first house. I had started working at the new house because the old house was on the market, and with like twenty showings each day, it was easier to just be away. We got an offer pretty quickly, but then the prospective buyer turned out to be a total pain in the butt.
I clearly remember being in the process of photographing these cocktails when I got the call about the inspection on our first house. After listening to our real estate agent list the myriad of problems that this guy had with our beloved home, I was SUPER glad there were two cocktails on the table in front of me, ya know?
These are called Double Strawberry Moscow Mules thanks to the combination of fresh strawberries + strawberry preserves. I really like using fruit preserves in Moscow Mules, because it’s such an easy way to add flavor to a basic mixed drink with an ingredient you almost always have in your fridge. No strawberry preserves on hand? Use raspberry jam, cherry jelly, apricot preserves, or whatever else is in your fridge door. If you have vodka, ginger beer and limes, you already have a kickass Moscow Mule. What you add beyond that is just the icing on the cake.
- 2 large strawberries, chopped, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 3 ounces vodka
- 12 ounces ginger beer
- 2 lime wedges
- Divide chopped strawberries between two copper mugs or cocktail glasses. Use muddler or back of spoon to crush berries into a pulp. Divide strawberry preserves and vodka between mugs, stir until well combined.
- Fill each mug with ice and top off with ginger beer; stir. Garnish with lime wedges and additional strawberries and serve immediately.
More yummy strawberry recipes:
- Summer Salad with Strawberry Ricotta Toast – a light dinner for a hot day.
- Strawberry-Ginger Lemonade – nothing could be more refreshing.
- Strawberry Pop-Tart Ice Cream – homemade ice cream is a project worth taking on!
- Cannoli Strawberries – a super simple no-bake dessert.
- Strawberry Lemon Blondies from The View From The Great Island
- Easy Strawberry Scones from Bubba Pie