Mini Spider Pizza Halloween Recipe
These Halloween Pizzas are the perfect combo of simple and spooky. Step-by-step directions on how to cut the olive spiders allow even kitchen beginners with limited knife skills to make these!
Halloween Mini Pizzas everyone is sure to love
These Halloween Mini Pizzas are actually a recipe that has been around here for years, as part of my epic Halloween food ideas platter.
But I thought it was time they got they got special treatment, where I can visually show you, step-by-step, how to cut the olives to make the spiders.
This recipe is incredibly beginner-friendly. Even if you’re a little unsure of your knife skills, as long as you have a sharp knife, you can whip up these spider pizzas without any hassle.
Why you will love this Halloween Pizza Recipe
- Perfect for Parties. Whether you’re hosting a Halloween gathering or attending one, these make for a memorable and photo-worth snack.
- Kid-Friendly. I’ve discovered unexpectedly that a lot of kids actually love olives! But even if they don’t, they can have fun in the kitchen assembling the spider toppings for the adult pizzas, while enjoying some plain pizzas themselves.
- Quick and Convenient. We’re using a grocery store shortcut by starting with frozen mini pizza bagels, so these are a fantastic last-minute option for busy Halloween evenings.
Spider Pizza Ingredients
- mini pizza bagels – I used a box of Annie’s Pepperoni Mini Pizza Bagels, but any brand will work (Bagel Bites is another popular brand). The recipe below makes 9 mini pizzas, but you can double or triple it if you are making more boxes. You could also make homemade pizza bagels if you wish.
- pitted black olives – One 6 ounce can of medium black olives will be more than enough.
Pizza Spiders variations
- CHEESE PIZZA BAGELS – I used pepperoni pizza bagels for the most flavor, but plain cheese pizza bagels would also work just fine.
- PEPPERS INSTEAD OF OLIVES – If you’re not into olives, it’s possible to creatively cut mini sweet peppers into spiders and use those instead.
How to make Mini Pizzas for Halloween
- Preheat your oven and bake the pizza bagels.
- While the pizzas are baking, cut the olives. Use a sharp knife to cut some olives in half either crosswise or lengthwise. One lengthwise half or two crosswise halves can serve as the spider bodies.
- Then, cut the remaining olives in half lengthwise and cut each half crosswise into spider “legs.”
- When the pizzas come out of the oven, arrange the olive pieces on each pizza to give them a creepy-crawly appearance.
How to serve a mini Spider Pizza
These Halloween mini pizzas are best served warm right out of the oven, but they can be served room temperature and they’ll be just fine.
How to store Mini Pizzas
I don’t recommend having leftovers, as these Halloween pizzas are truly best eaten soon after they are baked. However, if you do want to keep leftovers, they can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in the oven to re-crisp the pizzas.
How long do mini pizzas last in the fridge?
Mini pizzas last 2 to 3 days in the fridge.
Pizza Spider Home Chef Tips
- The MEDIUM size of canned pitted black olives works best. Small can be too small to cut, and large can be too large to fit on the bagels.
- Spice it up by adding a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes to the tops of the pizzas before baking.
Halloween Pizza FAQs
For crispy crust and perfectly melted cheese, 425 degrees F is idea for pizza.
A baking sheet or pizza stone works great for these mini pizzas to ensure even cooking and a deliciously crispy crust.
Mini pizzas like these take approximately 9 to 11 minutes in a preheated oven. Once the cheese is bubbly and the bagels are golden, the Halloween pizza is ready!
- 1 package (6 to 7 ounces) mini pizza bagels (any flavor) (9 bagels)
- 18 pitted medium black olives (from a 6 ounce can)
- Preheat oven and bake pizza bagels according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut olives into spider shapes. Cut 9 olives in half either lengthwise or crosswise. You can use one lengthwise half or 2 crosswise halves to create the spider "body" on each pizza.
- Cut remaining 9 olives in half lengthwise, and then thinly slice crosswise to create the spider "legs."
- When pizzas are done baking, allow to cool 1 minute, and then arrange olive pieces on top of each pizza to resemble a spider. Serve immediately.
Foxes Love Lemons, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9 Serving Size: 1 mini pizza
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 59Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
This website provides estimated nutrition information as a courtesy only. Nutrition information does not include any optional ingredients or toppings. You should calculate the nutrition information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe using your preferred nutrition calculator.