This Lemon Caper Pasta with Shrimp is a fresh, light, whole wheat linguine dish with sautéed shrimp, capers, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, red pepper flakes, parmesan and pistachios.
Lemon Caper Pasta is easy to make with pantry ingredients!
Always save some pasta water for lemon caper pasta!
- 8 ounces whole wheat linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 pound 26-30 count peeled and deveined shrimp, tails removed, patted dry
- 2-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled and roughly chopped
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta cooking water, then drain pasta and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and shrimp; cook until shrimp start to become pink and are almost cooked through, stirring frequently, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, capers and red pepper flakes; continue cooking until shrimp turn opaque throughout, stirring frequently, about 1 minute.
- Pour shrimp mixture over pasta. Add parsley and 1/4 cup pasta cooking water. Using tongs, toss to combine, adding more pasta water if needed to create a thin sauce. Serve pasta in warm bowls, garnished with Parmesan cheese and pistachios.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 9gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g
MORE GREAT PASTA RECIPES:
- Sausage Pasta Skillet Dinner – start to finish in just one skillet!
- Creamy Salmon Pasta – one of the most popular recipes on this site!
- Salmon Pesto Pasta – an herby twist on salmon pasta.
- Garlicky Greek Yogurt Pasta with Sautéed Lentils & Chickpeas – great for Meatless Monday.
- Mushroom & Lentil Ragu – a hearty vegetarian sauce over spaghetti.
- Minestrone Pasta Sauté with Ricotta – perfect for a cold winter night.
- Butternut Squash Noodles – a healthier take on pasta.
- Lasagna with Cottage Cheese – my family’s famous Midwestern recipe!
- Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta from Simply Home Cooked
- Roasted Red Pepper alla Vodka from Half Baked Harvest