Buffalo Shrimp Pizza
It seems a little crazy, but it’s been almost three years since I last shared a pizza on this blog. What?!? Pizza is frequently on our menu at home, usually as a vehicle to use up extra odds and ends hanging out in the fridge (like chicken pizza or cheeseburger pizza).
Often, these leftover ingredients are from two or three recipes I’ve made for work, resulting in one big Frankenpizza (which is honestly how the crab rangoon pizza came about).
But some weeks, there aren’t odds and ends in the fridge, and I decide to actually, you know, plan out a pizza idea. While shrimp is great for an appetizer or a seafood pasta salad, you might not generally think of it for pizza.
Well, this Buffalo Shrimp Pizza is my newest creation, and I hope you’ll love it as much as my husband and I did
To make this pizza, start with one pound of pizza dough (you can use either store-bought or homemade). I like to pre-bake the crust a little before I add any toppings, to ensure a nice crisp crust.
Later, I add a little bit of pizza sauce, a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese, and some chopped red onion, then return the pizza to the oven.
Just before serving, I finish this Buffalo Shrimp Pizza with some crunchy chopped celery, crumbled blue cheese, juicy grape tomatoes, buffalo-sauced shrimp, and a side of ranch dressing for dipping.
The buffalo shrimp element of this recipe couldn’t be easier. Using a package of Gorton’s Go Saucy! Buffalo Shrimp ensures that I am able to prepare these crispy, wild-caught, sustainably sourced shrimp with ease any night of the week.
Gorton’s has three fun Go Saucy! products: Honey Mustard Tenders, Sweet Chili Tenders, and Buffalo Shrimp. Each product includes a chef-inspired sauce that can be used as a dip, toss or glaze, so you can enjoy any way you want!
With a tried and true history of feeding families for generations, there’s no doubt that you can trust the Gorton’s Fisherman. To find Gorton’s Go Saucy! products near you, please visit the store locator.
- 1 package Gorton's Go Saucy! Buffalo Shrimp
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 ball (1 pound) of homemade pizza dough, or store-bought
- 1/2 cup prepared pizza sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- Prepared ranch dressing, for serving (optional)
- Bake shrimp and warm included buffalo sauce according to package directions, but do not combine shrimp and sauce yet. When shrimp is cooked; remove from oven and loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
- Place pizza stone in oven and increase oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- Toss and stretch pizza dough into a 14-inch circle. Once oven is preheated, carefully remove pizza stone from oven and spray with cooking spray. Carefully place dough on stone. Transfer to oven and bake 8 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and spread evenly with pizza sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese and onion. Return pizza to oven and bake 8 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Meanwhile, toss shrimp and buffalo sauce until well combined.
- Remove pizza from the oven; top with shrimp. Return pizza to oven for 2 minutes or until shrimp is warmed through.
- Top pizza with celery, tomatoes and blue cheese. Cut and serve immediately with ranch dressing, if desired.
Foxes Love Lemons, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.
Disclosure: This was a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Gorton’s Seafood. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.