Summer is served on a platter in this Parmesan Corn & Zucchini Sauté with Haddock recipe. Learn how to make a fast, easy vegetable sauté that you’ll come back to again and again all summer long. Top it with fish or your favorite protein to make it a complete meal!
What dish defines summer to you? Here in the Midwest, things like potato salad, hot dogs on the grill and fresh cherries come to mind quickly. But in my house, all summer long, you’ll find sautéed zucchini and corn on our table at least once a week (especially in the late summer when corn is at its best).
It’s an insanely easy dish that I prepare a lot of slightly different ways, always with amazing results. I start with a pat of butter or a drizzle of olive oil in a big ol’ skillet, and then throw in some leeks, shallots or minced onion (whatever I have on hand). Then the corn kernels and chopped zucchini goes in and is cooked until it’s all just tender but NOT MUSHY.
Finishing touches are whatever you’re in the mood for and/or have in the fridge. A must for me is fresh lemon or lime juice, basil, and salt and pepper. I also like just a teeny tiny touch of creaminess from half and half or cream. Maybe some red pepper flakes for spice if I’m feeling it that night. And maybe some Parmesan if I have it. Honestly, it’s such a low maintenance dish that you really can’t go wrong. After you master this basic strategy, you’re ready to make this Parmesan Corn & Zucchini Sauté with Haddock, using the easiest fish ever from The Saucy Fish Co.
Tips for Making this Parmesan Corn & Zucchini Sauté with Haddock:
- I went over the basics above, but just to recap, you’ll need:
-Olive oil OR butter
-Leeks OR shallots OR onions
-Corn kernels AND chopped zucchini
-Lemon juice OR lime juice
-Salt AND pepper
-MAYBE red pepper flakes, half and half and Parmesan cheese, if you want
- Make this in the biggest skillet you have. The veggies need lots of surface area to sauté and maybe get some brown bits on them. If you put too much in too small of a skillet, they’ll just steam and get mushy. I hate mushy!
- Make this a meal by simply adding some fish on top. Sounds complicated, but if you have a box of The Saucy Fish Co.’s Smoked Haddock with Aged Cheddar & Chive Sauce in your freezer, that couldn’t be further from the truth. The box comes with two expertly smoked haddock fillets. All you need to do is unwrap them and put them in the oven bag they come with. Pop them in the oven for 20 minutes, and while that’s working, simply heat up the packet of aged cheddar & chive sauce (all of this can be done while you’re sautéing your veggies). When the fish was ready, I flaked it in big chunks over my parmesan corn & zucchini sauté, and then drizzled the fish with sauce. So easy and so good.
The Saucy Fish Co. products can be found at Mariano’s and Peapod in Chicago, Raley’s and Nob Hill in Northern California, Jet.com in NYC and Whole Foods in Canada. For more information on The Saucy Fish Co., be sure to visit their website and connect with them on Twitter and Instagram.
MORE GREAT CORN RECIPES:
- Mexican Street Corn Brats – we love this one all summer long!
- Grilled Parmesan-Pesto Sweet Corn – take corn on the cob up a notch.
- Bacon, Corn & Cheddar Pancakes – breakfast goes savory.
- Sausage, Corn & Cherry Pizza with Goat Cheese – gourmet pizza at home!
- Roasted Mexican Street Corn Salad – a reader favorite!
- Summer Corn Chowder from Cooking Classy
- Slow Cooker Creamed Corn from Gimme Some Oven
Disclosure: This was a sponsored post written by me on behalf of The Saucy Fish Co. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.