I miiiiiight have eaten crockpot soups for like 95% of my meals last week. I eat soup for lunch all year ’round, but as soon as there’s any slight autumn chill in the air, soup becomes my dinner, too. I sometimes even have tiny little cups of soup for a mid-afternoon snack. The options truly are endless.
Just about any flavors you can dream up, can be used to create a soup. Personally, I like to load my soups up with garnishes, which really go a long way toward making soup feel like dinner as opposed to “just soup.”
This Slow Cooker Tandoori Turkey Soup is a new favorite around here. It has huge flavors, but is such a cinch to make – let your slow cooker do all the work. Start with a package of JENNIE-O® Extra Lean Boneless Turkey Breast Tenderloins in the slow cooker, along with some vegetables and Indian-inspired spices.
Add a bit of turkey stock, coconut milk and canned tomatoes, then just put a lid on it and forget it.
When it’s dinner time, shred the tender turkey with a fork, and you’re ready to go. Serve each bowl garnished with yogurt, cilantro, a lime wedge, naan bread and (optional but encouraged) yellow rice.
Go ahead and prep the rice in advance so you can get dinner on the table in a hurry. Enjoy!
For the Slow Cooker Tandoori Turkey Soup:
- 1 package (20 ounces) Jennie-O Extra Lean Boneless Turkey Breast Tenderloins
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes (NOT drained)
- 1 quart (4 cups) turkey stock
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- Lime wedges
- Naan bread
- Plain yogurt
- Prepared yellow rice
- In slow cooker, stir together turkey, garlic, celery, carrots, onion, butter, ginger, garam masala, coriander, salt, paprika, turmeric and cayenne. Add tomatoes, stock and coconut milk and stir until well combined. Cover and cook on high 4 hours or on low 8 hours.
- Remove turkey from slow cooker with slotted spoon; transfer to cutting board and coarsely shred. Transfer shredded turkey back to slow cooker and stir until well combined.
- Divide soup between 6 bowls and serve with cilantro, lime wedges, naan bread, yogurt and rice.
Home Chef Tip: I used "fully leaded" turkey stock for this recipe. If you choose a lower-sodium stock or broth, please taste the soup and season with extra salt if necessary before serving.
MORE GREAT SLOW COOKER RECIPES:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup – the #1 most popular recipe on Foxes Love Lemons.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Apple Cider Chili – bookmark this for fall!
- Slow Cooker Barley Risotto – a great side dish or entree.
- Slow Cooker Chicken Burrito Bowls – better than takeout!
- Slow Cooker Lentil & Sausage Soup – I legit make this one all the time.
- Crockpot Taco Soup – make a batch and freeze some for another meal!
Disclosure: As a member of the Jennie-O Switch Circle, this was a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Jennie-O. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.