This blog series is called “If I Liked It, Then I Should Have Put A  Ring [Binder] On It.” I know, naming blog posts after a 5-year-old Beyonce song makes me a huge loser, but until somebody tells me to cut it out, I’m just going to go with it. The title just means that I try out a lot of recipes from magazines and websites – only the ones I really, really like go into a 3-ring binder to keep for the future and make again.
Recipe: CookiesCakesPiesOhMy’s Black Forest Cupcakes (click to be taken to the full recipe)
Background: My husband sprang on me one night at 6pm that he and his co-workers were, for some reason, having a “German party” (potluck) the following day, and he needed to bring a German dessert. He works for a Germany-based auto parts supplier, so I think somebody was either leaving or coming home from a year or two-long stint in Germany. Being only very vaguely familiar with German food, the only thing that came to mind was Black Forest Cake. A quick Wikipedia search confirmed that this cake did indeed originate in Germany!
- Cold Sesame Noodles from Savuer
- Savory Palmiers from Ina Garten
- Seven-Minute Huevos Rancheros from Real Simple
- Couscous-Stuffed Peppers with Basil Sauce from Giada De Laurentiis
- Greek Tacos from Jeff Mauro
- Dark Chocolate Chunk and Dried Cherry Oatmeal Cookies from Bake or Break
- Black Forest Cupcakes from CookiesCakesPiesOhMy