Cranberry Vanilla Gin Spritzer

Cranberry Vanilla Gin Spritzer - Embrace autumn flavors with this refreshing, bubbly gin cocktail. Can also be made with vodka! | foxeslovelemons.com

It took me a long time to warm up to gin. It’s just so  . . .  flavorful, compared to vodka (which has virtually no flavor). I can see how if you weren’t prepared for it, you could think that gin tasted like soap, or medicine, or pine trees (thanks to the juniper berries). But over the years, I had many small sips of gin cocktails ordered by friends, to see if my taste buds had changed. And lo and behold, a few summers ago, they did. My taste buds realized that gin and tonics were amazing. I mean seriously, they taste like an adult version of Sprite or something, right?

While gin and tonics are firmly a summer drink for me, I wanted to bring my newfound love of gin into the autumn months as well. So of course, cranberries. I wanted to add a third flavor to tie the gin and cranberries together, and vanilla goes well with both of them, so I turned to Amoretti Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Syrup.

This is the type of flavored syrup that you might see at a coffee house, except the Amoretti version is super concentrated, so you need only a pump or two for most drinks. You can tell just by looking at the bottle that it is absolutley chock full of vanilla beans! This syrup is great for coffee, cocktails, milkshakes, baking and much more. It is made with natural ingredients, contains no artificial flavors or colors, no artificial sweeteners, no high fructose corn syrup, and is gluten free, GMO free and certified kosher.

To make this Cranberry Vanilla Gin Spritzer, simply grab a cocktail shaker and muddle a piece of orange peel, a few dashes of orange bitters and some fresh cranberries. Add some gin, vanilla bean syrup and orange juice and give it a good shake. Strain it into a glass over ice, and top with a bit of club soda for fizz.

P.S. Think gin tastes like pine trees? That’s cool, I get it. Go ahead and use vodka in this cocktail instead. I selflessly tested that version for you, and it’s delicious.

For more information about Amoretti, be sure to connect with them on TwitterInstagram, Facebook and YouTube.

Cranberry Vanilla Gin Spritzer

Yield: 1 cocktail

• 1 piece (2 inches) orange peel
  • 2 tablespoons fresh cranberries
  • 2 dashes orange bitters
  • Ice
  • 2 pumps Amoretti Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Syrup
  • 1-1/2 ounces gin
  • 1 tablespoon orange juice
  • Club soda, for finishing

1. In cocktail shaker, muddle orange peel, cranberries and bitters until cranberries are crushed. Add ice, vanilla syrup, gin and orange juice; shake well.
  2. Fill double old fashioned glass with ice, strain gin mixture over ice. Top with club soda and serve immediately.

Making one of my recipes? Please let me know by sharing a photo on my Facebook page, or uploading to Instagram or Twitter with the tag #foxeslovelemons. It would make my day!

Disclosure: This was a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Amoretti. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.

Yum

Stay Connected

14 Responses to “Cranberry Vanilla Gin Spritzer”

1. Courtney @ NeighborFood — October 26, 2015 at 9:06 am

This is positively lovely! I haven’t quite warmed up to gin yet, so I appreciate your selfless cocktail testing. This will be perfect for the holidays!

• Lori Yates replied: — October 26th, 2015 @ 1:04 pm

100% selfless, that vodka taste test was 😉

2. Anita at Hungry Couple — October 26, 2015 at 12:35 pm

Um…thank you for testing the vodka version? I’ve also been back and forth with gin but am loving it lately. I know for sure I’m loving that bottle of vanilla syrup!

• Lori Yates replied: — October 26th, 2015 @ 1:05 pm

Oh, I’ll do anything for my readers, including testing cocktail varieties 😉 Thanks Anita!

3. Susan — October 26, 2015 at 10:23 pm

This sounds like a great cocktail, and I am very happy that the syrup you use does not have artificial sweeteners (way too many of them do).  We have some Jin (gin) made by the Dogfish Head Brewery, which is very flavorful, and which I think would work well in this cocktail.  Now, to find the syrup…

• Lori Yates replied: — October 27th, 2015 @ 11:14 pm

Thanks Susan! I had a hard time choosing a gin for this one, but ended up asking the liquor guy at my store for a nice neutral-flavored one. I was worried that with a stronger-flavored gin, all of the flavors might end up competing with each other. But, the only way to find out is to try it with the gin that you have, and see what happens 🙂 Thanks for stopping by!

4. Jennie @onesweetmess — October 27, 2015 at 3:15 pm

I am totally rocking this cocktail over the weekend. It’s so pretty! I’m telling you, Amoretti makes the best vanilla syrup–the BEST!

• Lori Yates replied: — October 27th, 2015 @ 11:15 pm

Thanks Jennie! Enjoy. Is it weird that I’m ALREADY looking forward to the weekend?

5. Carla — October 30, 2015 at 1:00 pm

I’m trying really really hard to remember if I’ve ever had gin before (I know, right?!) I have had vodka before though 😉 Regardless I love this fall version with the cranberries and vanilla and can’t wait to try it.

• Lori Yates replied: — November 2nd, 2015 @ 1:15 pm

I’m pretty sure if you had gin, you would have remembered. It’s a VERY distinctive flavor. Let’s just leave it at that. haha.

6. Susan — December 22, 2015 at 6:07 pm

Your so selfless, really you are. 🙂 It took me a long time to warm up to gin too but now I’ll take with open arms.  Pretty much how I’ll take this cocktail thankyouverymuch.

• Lori Yates replied: — December 31st, 2015 @ 4:55 pm

Anything for my readers, I tell ya. Thanks Susan!

7. Lauren @ Healthy Delicious — January 18, 2016 at 10:48 am

Gin and cranberry is so good together! I NEED to get a bottle of that vanilla syrup – I can’t get over all of those flecks of vanilla in it!

• Lori Yates replied: — January 21st, 2016 @ 11:09 am

Just the sight of little flecks of vanilla bean always makes me happy!