Epic Thanksgiving Recipes
A comprehensive menu of easy-to-make yet delicious Thanksgiving recipes for the home chef. Everything from cocktails to appetizers, turkey to sides to dessert, to what to do with leftovers!
I’m super thankful for you. So, I wanted to round up all of my Thanksgiving recipes into one place, one resource, for you to have on hand as you plan your holiday meal this year. This is seven year’s worth of recipes, and it’s pretty epic, if I do say so myself.
I pull from these Thanksgiving recipes myself each year as I plan my own menu. In particular, the Old Fashioned Bread Stuffing is ALWAYS on our table. The Roasted Acorn Squash Slices is another side dish favorite.
Depending on the year you’re reading this, you may be having a small dinner for your immediate family bubble, or a large feast with the whole extended family. If you need help scaling up or down any of these Thanksgiving recipes, please let me know. I’m happy to help!
Again, I’m so thankful for each and every person that stops by this blog, whether it’s once in awhile or every day. This little corner of the internet has allowed me to change my life and create a career path for myself that brings me so much joy.
Prep-Ahead Strategy for all of these Thanksgiving recipes:
Welcome your guests with a cocktail.
- Bourbon Apple Cider Punch – this is made large-batch style, so you don’t have to mix individual drinks.
- Lemon & Rosemary Bourbon Sour – a modern twist on a classic drink.
- Apple Cider Old Fashioned – a delicious old fashioned, but add apple cider.
- Brandy Old Fashioned – a Midwestern classic!
- Apple Cider Mule – all the flavors of apple pie, in an ice cold vodka cocktail.
- Rosemary Gin Cocktail – bright and festive, and uses up whatever extra rosemary you have around.
Time for some appetizers!
- Butternut Squash & Pomegranate Crostini – with whipped feta and honey.
- Brie & Pumpkin Crostini – sweet, savory and crunchy! Uses up any extra canned pumpkin you have.
- Savory Pumpkin Dip – pumpkin doesn’t have to just be in pie!
- Phyllo Cup Appetizers – a modern take on cheeseball and crackers.
- Prosciutto Pinwheels – just five ingredients!
- Savory Baked Brie – gooey brie topped with basil pesto and roasted garlic.
- Autumn Cheese Board with Pickled Figs – you can never go wrong with a cheese board.
- Jarcuterie – a charcuterie board, but make it in little jars.
Roast a perfect turkey or ham, and don’t forget the gravy:
- Roasted Turkey with Apricot Bourbon Sauce – takes just 5 minutes to stir together.
- Turkey Breast Roulade – perfect for a smaller gathering.
- Roasted Turkey with Maple Bourbon Glaze – brush this on at the end for extra flavor.
- Baked Ham with Pineapple Sauce – spiral sliced ham with a tangy and sweet sauce.
- Gravy From Scratch – a simple tutorial on how to make homemade gravy. You can even make it ahead!
We all know stuffing is the best of the Thanksgiving recipes, right?
- Old Fashioned Thanksgiving Dressing Recipe – a not-so-secret family recipe.
- Apple, Bacon & Fennel Stuffing – salty bacon and sweet apples are a great combo.
- Lentil Mushroom Stuffing – a gluten-free alternative to bread stuffing.
You say potato, I say potato:
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole – a loaded alternative to plain mashed potatoes.
- Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes – so good with turkey, ham or beef!
- Cheddar Mashed Potatoes – cheesy potatoes with a sophisticated flavor.
- Greek Yogurt Mashed Potatoes – yes, a little bit of lemon belongs in potatoes. Trust me!
- Maple Chipotle Sweet Potatoes – sweet potatoes with a little kick.
Choose your own vegetable adventure:
- Cheesy Corn Casserole – creamy corn topped with buttery breadcrumbs.
- Crockpot Green Bean Casserole – with fresh beans and no canned soup.
- Sautéed Green Beans and Tomatoes – a side with an Italian twist.
- Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts – brussels sprouts with a tangy-sweet glaze.
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts – foolproof, healthy, and takes less than 20 minutes!
- Roasted Acorn Squash Slices – this will be the most beautiful dish on your table.
- Really Good Thanksgiving Salad – just what the name implies!
- Thanksgiving Fruit Salad – beautiful and healthful!
All the other Thanksgiving recipes you might need to round out your menu:
- Hard Cider Cranberry Sauce – spike your cranberry sauce this year. Why not?
- Thanksgiving Rice Recipe – with cranberries and pears.
- Spiced Honey Butter Rolls – if you’re in the mood to make homemade bread!
- Apple Mac and Cheese – made in a single skillet.
Don’t forget dessert!
- Apple Rose Tart – “showstopping” is the word for this dessert.
- Apple & Pecan Tart – with bourbon caramel sauce!
- Stuffed Baked Apples – an easy treat to make for a crowd.
- Cranberry Curd Tart – with gluten free options.
- Cranberry Clafoutis – so decadent and delicious.
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake from Homemade In The Kitchen
Time to use up those leftovers!
- Leftover Turkey Chili – uses leftover turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing.
- Alfredo Stuffed Shells – uses leftover turkey.
- Thanksgiving Dumplings – uses leftover stuffing, turkey and cranberry sauce.
- Turkey Gnocchi Soup – uses leftover turkey.
- Leftover Mashed Potato Bake – uses leftover mashed potatoes.
- Potato Cake Recipe – uses leftover mashed potatoes.
- Cranberry Sauce Muffins – uses leftover cranberry sauce.
- Ham and Potato Soup – uses leftover ham and the ham bone if you have it.