Do you love grilled pizzas but are a bit intimidated by making them? Take an easy shortcut with naan bread for these Grilled Cobb Flatbreads. Even a novice griller will have no problem whipping these up!
One of my favorite summer meals is homemade grilled pizza. It’s my favorite because 1.) it’s delicious and adaptable to whatever I happen to have in the fridge, and 2.) it’s my husband’s specialty, so I can sit back and relax while he makes dinner.
While ideally, I would eat homemade pizza two or three nights a week, it’s not always possible. As grilled pizza season coincides with golf season, Jeff golfs after work a lot in the summer, meaning he’s not home to make me pizza! While I would love to have his pizza dough stretching and shaping and grilling skills, sadly, I do not. My grilled pizzas are more mess than masterpiece.
My secret for those nights when I still want grilled pizza but don’t want to mess with the dough? Pre-made naan bread from the store. It’s a really great substitute for traditional pizza crust, and even the most novice griller couldn’t mess it up.
About these Grilled Cobb Flatbreads:
- Any flavor of store-bought naan bread works here, but I like the garlic flavor the best. You’ll want to grill it over medium heat for just a few minutes until the naan gets nice grill marks and starts to crisp up.
- The toppings for naan bread “pizzas” are limited only by your imagination, and lately I’ve been really into salad pizzas and flatbreads. Basically, it’s like eating a giant salad on top of crispy naan bread, and it’s just as awesome as it sounds.
- These Grilled Cobb Flatbreads include all the usual suspects in a great Cobb salad – chicken, bacon, blue cheese, tomato, hard boiled eggs, avocado, and arugula subbing in for the lettuce.
- For the blue cheese, I used a wedge of Salemville Blue Cheese. I like using a wedge of cheese versus pre-crumbled blue cheese for these flat breads, so that I can include slightly larger crumbles of this tangy, earthy cheese on my flatbread.
- Classic Cobb salads are dressed with red wine vinaigrette. I wanted something creamier in this instance, so I made a simple creamy shallot dressing that also includes some red wine vinegar for tang.
Grilled Cobb Flatbreads
For the Creamy Shallot Dressing:
For the Flatbreads:
More great flatbread recipes:
- Grilled Eggplant Flatbread – another grilled naan flatbread!
- Spinach & Artichoke Dip Party Flatbread – everybody will love this one.
- Kale, Grape & Blue Cheese Flatbread – that great combo of sweet and savory.
- Clean Slate Flatbread – An easy healthy lunch!
- Caprese Hummus Flatbread Pizza from Homemade In The Kitchen
- BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza from Creme de la Crumb
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Saputo Cheese USA Inc. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own