While my original recipe noted that in lieu of rice, you could use quinoa, barley or couscous, I hadn’t actually tried those variations yet. I just knew they would work. I know, sneaky. Until now. I whipped up a batch of Guacamole Quinoa, and even added some chopped ripe mango for a little variety! It’s the spice of life, ya know.
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted, peeled and diced (or 2 avocados if you REALLY like avocado!)
- Juice of 1-1/2 limes
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 garlic clove, crushed with press, or minced and ground into a paste with back of knife
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (add some of the seeds for more heat)
- 1/2 ripe mango, diced
- 3/4 cup baby tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Need a snack while your quinoa is cookin’? If so, you may want to give Naturebox a try – click here and use the code “FOXES10″ at checkout to receive $10 off your first box!