I’m not even going to tell you again how much I love dip. This blog should have been called Foxes Love DIP, because I feel like I am talking about dip, making dip and photographing dip all the time. We all know it’s not a party until somebody breaks out the spinach and artichoke dip. But what if that dip was only the start?
When thinking about a menu for the big game coming up this weekend, three things pop into my brain: dip, pizza, and additional dip. Today, I decided to combine two of those ideas into a simple party flatbread. First, I started with store-bought naan bread, which is almost indistginguishble from pizza crust once you bake it and get some toppings on it. You could also use pita bread, or you know . . . actual pizza crust.
I spread the naan with a generous dollop of La Terra Fina Chunky Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan Dip & Spread. La Terra Fina’s dips blend fresh vegetables with real ingredients, and are made without artificial flavors and preservatives. Many of their dips are made with Greek yogurt, which you guys know I love. These dips are such a fun departure from pizza sauce! I mean, you could practically stop now, and all your party guests would just munch down the dip-covered naan. However, I used it as an opportunity to get creative and clear out some odds and ends in my refrigerator. But in a way that my guests wouldn’t realize they were eating odds and ends, you know?
Here, I used a combination of sun-dried tomatoes, pepperoni, mushrooms, yellow bell pepper, pine nuts and parsley, but the possibilities are practically endless! Have fun with it. You could even set up a create-your-own flatbread station, with a variety of toppings and La Terra Fina dips (the Chunky Artichoke & Jalapeño Dip is one of my personal favs). Another fun party idea for dip lovers is my DIY Phyllo Cup Appetizer Bar.
Spinach & Artichoke Dip Party Flatbread
- 1 package (8.8 ounces / 2 pieces) garlic-flavored naan bread
- 1/2 cup La Terra Fina Chunky Spinach Artichoke & Parmesan Dip
- 10 pepperoni slices
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/4 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place naan on rimmed baking pan. Transfer to oven; bake 5 minutes.
- Remove naan from oven; divide and spread dip evenly over naan. Top with pepperoni, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms and bell pepper. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until naan is slightly crisp and toppings are warmed through.
- To serve; cut each naan into 4 pieces and sprinkle with parsley and pine nuts.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of La Terra Fina. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.