Pizza Crostini Bar
I may have already shared all of the recipes from Epic Game Day, but we still have a few more days until the game. And secretly, I was pretty disappointed that I didn’t get anything pizza-related onto my game day platter. So today, I’m making it right.
Now, I’ve always considered pizza a weird social experiment. By nature, it’s designed to be shared with friends. But that also means that you and your friends all have to agree on toppings. I don’t know about your group of friends, but mine have pretty varied tastes.
While mini pizzas are always a great option, I’m introducing this Pizza Crostini Bar for your consideration as you plan your game day menu. I think make-your-own anything is always just so much fun for a party. I mean, who doesn’t love having a big buffet in front of them and being able to choose whatever they want? It also really solves the problem of everybody agreeing on toppings. With a crostini bar, they don’t have to! The meat lovers can load up on pepperoni and prosciutto (feel free to add sausage or bacon to your own crostini bar), and the veggie lovers can top their crostini with green peppers and roasted garlic. Everybody wins!
Now obviously, the most important part of crostini is well, the bread! I’ve recently discovered the amazingness that is take-and-bake bread. I think take-and-bake has been a thing for awhile now, but I just hadn’t tried it until recently.
For my crostini bar, I used a couple of La Brea Bakery Take & Bake Tuscan Loaves. This bread, which has a subtle flavor and a thinly cracked crust, is baked 80% of the way and then frozen and shipped to your grocery store. Simply take it home and bake it directly on your oven rack for 10 – 12 minutes, and then get ready for 100% freshness coming out of your very own oven.
You guys, it seriously reminds me of a restaurant where a loaf of freshly made bread is brought right from the oven to your table. I’m a total take-and-bake convert!
And with that, I think I am now *officially* done with big game recipes this year. Go forth and enjoy! The game. Or, the commercials. Or even just the food!
- 2 La Brea Bakery Take & Bake Tuscan Loaves
- Olive oil
- Prepared pizza sauce
- Burrata cheese and/or shredded mozzarella cheese
- Banana peppers
- Black olives
- Dried oregano leaves
- Red pepper flakes
- Roasted garlic cloves
- Sliced green pepper, fresh or sautéed
- Sliced mushrooms, fresh or sautéed
- Sliced red onion, fresh or sautéed
- Prepare bread according to package directions; let cool 10 minutes.
- Adjust oven temperature to 400 degrees F. Slice loaves in half lengthwise, then slice crosswise into 1/2-inch thick pieces. Place bread pieces on rimmed baking pans and lightly brush both sides with olive oil. Bake 15 minutes or until crisp, turning once.
- Arrange crostini, pizza sauce, cheese and desired toppings on large board or platter, and let guests assemble their own crostini.
More great crostini ideas:
- Smoked Salmon Crostini – with a sushi-style twist!
- Butternut Squash & Pomegranate Crostini with Whipped Feta & Honey – one of my favorite recipes on this blog!
- Raisin Crostini with Blue Cheese & Apples – another good recipe for the fall.
Disclosure: This was a sponsored post written by me on behalf of La Brea Bakery. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.