I’ve had several other (very low end) blenders before this one, and I would never even consider putting leafy greens into a smoothie made with those blenders. Actually, I tried it once, and I was left with a berry smoothie with huge, leafy chunks of spinach that didn’t sip very easily through a straw. Yuck.
This blender can also completely puree raw carrots! I pulverized some as an experiment, and then decided to throw a bunch of other things in there to try to replicate the flavor of carrot cake. This resulted in an incredibly filling breakfast carrot cake smoothie. It has all the flavor of carrot cake, but in a much healthier package!
Want a Vitamix of your own? You do. Seriously. Trust me. Enter the Rafflecopter below the recipe, by following me on social media and commenting (I’ll check at the end of the giveaway). This giveaway is open only to residents of the lower 48 United States and the District of Columbia.
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 9 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons toasted shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup ice (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth. Serve immediately.
[The giveaway has ended.]