Carrot Cake Smoothies #VitamixWeek
I know this isn’t very original (wow, everyone likes smoothies), but one of my favorite things to make in my Vitamix is…smoothies. I absolutely love that this machine completely pulverizes any fruit or vegetable I put into it.
The Vitamix has made healthy eating a lot easier for me. It’s so simple to get a few more servings of vegetables each day, because I can blend spinach into a fruity berry smoothie. The flavor and texture of the spinach is undetectable – only the fruit flavor comes through.
I’ve had several other (very low end) blenders before this one, and I would never even consider putting leafy greens into a smoothie made with those blenders. Actually, I tried it once, and I was left with a berry smoothie with huge, leafy chunks of spinach that didn’t sip very easily through a straw. Yuck.
This blender can also completely puree raw carrots! I pulverized some as an experiment, and then decided to throw a bunch of other things in there to try to replicate the flavor of carrot cake. This resulted in an incredibly filling breakfast carrot cake smoothie. It has all the flavor of carrot cake, but in a much healthier package!
Carrot Cake Smoothies
Yield: 4 (1 cup) servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 9 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1-1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons toasted shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup ice (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth. Serve immediately.