Creamy Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Dip

Creamy Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Dip - A delicious, versatile dip with simple ingredients. | foxeslovelemons.com

Welcome to Foxes Love Lemons’ WEEK OF DIPS! I’m bringing you all sorts of dippin’ goodness so you can find a recipe your party crowd will love for the big game!

When I think of “party food,” it begins and ends with dip for me. Personally, I feel that no party is complete without chips and dip, veggies and dip, crackers and dip, bread and dip, or maybe all of the above. When I was a kid, I would look foward to my parents’ occasional parties and get-togethers only for the dip. I knew that a party meant that my mom would be buying potato chips and French onion dip. While the grown-ups conversed, I would lurk near the snack table and pretty much eat half of the chips and dip myself. Then go to bed with a stomach ache. #WorthIt

Nowadays, I still love a good creamy dip with simple, delicious ingredients. This garlic and Parmesan dip has a pretty short list of components, but roasted garlic imparts an incredible flavor into the creamy dip mixture. Throw in a generous handful of Parmesan cheese, some savory fresh thyme, and a bit of bright lemon juice, and you have yourself an addictive spread that might just leave you lurking around the snack table all night.

Creamy Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Dip

Yield: About 2-1/2 cups

• 3 garlic heads
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
  • 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice 1/4 inch off top of each garlic head. Place garlic, cut side up, on foil and drizzle with oil. Wrap garlic in foil to seal. Place on rimmed baking pan and roast 1 hour. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out garlic.
  2. In food processor, add mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, lemon juice, thyme, salt and garlic. Process 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula. Transfer to serving bowl; cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
  3. Serve with crackers,toasted baguette slices, potato chips or cut vegetables.

Foxes Love Lemons Week of Dips

Other dip recipes for the big game:

18 Responses to “Creamy Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Dip”

1. littleredkitchen — January 27, 2014 at 7:55 am

Were you me as a child because I would do the same thing! It was always a good day when the ingredients for onion dip came out. Although I’m definitely digging this version over that over-salted thing we called dip as a kid!

• Lori | Foxes Love Lemons replied: — January 27th, 2014 @ 12:20 pm

Haha yessss! Perhaps all kids are just obsessed with it, but this was a trending topic in our #SS twitter chat last night :)

2. Jan Fox — January 27, 2014 at 10:06 am

Thanks for the shout out.

• Lori | Foxes Love Lemons replied: — January 27th, 2014 @ 12:20 pm

Well, of course. Thanks for not getting mad at me when I ate all the dip as a kid.

3. Marjory @ Dinner-Mom — January 27, 2014 at 7:43 pm

This is still my hubby’s favorite type of dip! I think he would love this home-made version!

4. debattinella — January 27, 2014 at 9:11 pm

I’m with you on the dip – grew up with French Onion dip… no such thing as nachos back the (hmmm… I’m dating myself!) Anyway, your roasted garlic dip looks great and comes together pretty quick.

• Lori | Foxes Love Lemons replied: — January 27th, 2014 @ 9:15 pm

Thanks, Deb! French Onion is maybe a little out of style nowadays, but who cares? It’s too good to forget about :)

• Christine replied: — February 1st, 2014 @ 3:17 am

Hmm…replying seems to be the only way for me to comment….drool, I mean comment. I’ve been a fan ever since Jamie Oliver introduced it to me (not personally of course), and my husband doesn’t know this, but we’re kind of an item now (the roasted garlic and me, of course)…although, he just might given garlic leaves trace amounts of odor…or however that should be phrased. We don’t get Super Bowl parties, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be making some sort of snack food for the man come Super Bowl night;) Good idea…

• Lori | Foxes Love Lemons replied: — February 1st, 2014 @ 5:31 pm

Haha yeah, my husband and I don’t really do Super Bowl parties, either. I think it’s best to just stay home and hog all the dip for yourself :)

5. Pingback: Party Dips for the Big Game Recipe Roundup - Foxes Loves Lemons

6. Pingback: Creamy Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Dip Recipe - RecipeChart.com

7. Nancy — January 31, 2014 at 1:55 pm

Girl, I love dip. Like, a lot. Probably a bit too much. I’m the person who’s always hovering around the chip ‘n dip plate, preventing others from eating it. This looks delicious! I can almost taste that sweet roasted garlic flavour.

8. Lori | Foxes Love Lemons — February 1, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Thanks, Nancy! I know you and I would be party-mates made in heaven!

9. Carla — February 2, 2014 at 9:43 pm

I think my favorite chips and dip growing up was Ruffles cheddar and sour cream chips with french onion dip. Although I have a feeling this roasted garlic dip may be replacing it soon.

• Lori | Foxes Love Lemons replied: — February 3rd, 2014 @ 10:18 am

Whoa whoa whoa. I think we can all agree that Ruffles Cheddar & Sour Cream are pretty much the greatest chips ever. But you dipped those IN FRENCH ONION DIP? That is just, like, a flavor explosion and I don’t know how I’ve never tried it. You just blew my mind.

10. Sara Ann — September 25, 2014 at 12:11 pm

Showing how little I know….
    When you say “garlic HEADS”, you mean the whole, round garlic that has cloves attached?

• Lori Yates replied: — September 25th, 2014 @ 12:33 pm

Correct! The entire thing :)