Creamy Roasted Garlic & Parmesan Dip
Welcome to Foxes Love Lemons’ WEEK OF DIPS! I’m bringing you all sorts of dippin’ goodness so you can find a recipe your party crowd will love for the big game!
When I think of “party food,” it begins and ends with dip for me. Personally, I feel that no party is complete without chips and dip, veggies and dip, crackers and dip, bread and dip, or maybe all of the above. When I was a kid, I would look foward to my parents’ occasional parties and get-togethers only for the dip. I knew that a party meant that my mom would be buying potato chips and French onion dip. While the grown-ups conversed, I would lurk near the snack table and pretty much eat half of the chips and dip myself. Then go to bed with a stomach ache. #WorthIt
Nowadays, I still love a good creamy dip with simple, delicious ingredients. This garlic and Parmesan dip has a pretty short list of components, but roasted garlic imparts an incredible flavor into the creamy dip mixture. Throw in a generous handful of Parmesan cheese, some savory fresh thyme, and a bit of bright lemon juice, and you have yourself an addictive spread that might just leave you lurking around the snack table all night.
- 3 garlic heads
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Slice 1/4 inch off top of each garlic head. Place garlic, cut side up, on foil and drizzle with oil. Wrap garlic in foil to seal. Place on rimmed baking pan and roast 1 hour. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out garlic.
- In food processor, add mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, lemon juice, thyme, salt and garlic. Process 30 seconds or until mixture is smooth, scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula. Transfer to serving bowl; cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or up to 3 days.
- Serve with crackers,toasted baguette slices, potato chips or cut vegetables.
Other dip recipes for the big game: