Creamy Lemon Feta Dressing
Take your salad game up a notch with this quick and easy homemade Creamy Lemon Feta Dressing. Use it to dress greens or pasta salad, add some pizazz to grilled chicken, or serve as a veggie dip.
I believe that one of the easiest but most impactful ways to take your home cooking up a notch is to make homemade salad dressings.
While jarred salad dressings are certainly quick and easy, they’re also generally filled with quite a bit of sodium and sugar.
Additionally, the flavor can be really hit or miss, and you usually don’t know how it’s going to taste until you’ve already committed and purchased an entire bottle.
Today, allow me to show you how a homemade salad dressing with big flavor can come together quickly and easily, and wow your family and friends.
The combination of lemon and feta can’t be beat – I’ve already made sure of that with my Greek yogurt mashed potatoes.
This feta cheese dressing is inspired by the Greek feta dressing at a local restaurant, and it’s an incredibly versatile recipe to have in your back pocket (especially to serve alongside Greek lasagna!).
How to make homemade feta dressing:
It’s as simple as grabbing some fridge and pantry ingredients and whirring it up in a food processor or blender!
One of these electric appliances is necessary to achieve a feta cheese dressing with a mostly smooth texture with just a few small chunks.
If you don’t have a food processor or blender, or desire a chunkier dressing, you can also stir the ingredients together by hand.
What are the ingredients in creamy feta dressing?
- feta cheese
- Worcestershire sauce
- lemon juice
- lemon zest
- black pepper
- dried parsley
- dried oregano
What kind of feta cheese should I use?:
If you’re spending the time to make homemade feta salad dressing, it’s important to use great ingredients so the end result is as delicious as possible.
Tangy, zesty Nikos Feta Cheese has been my go-to brand for many years. It’s an award-winning American version of classic Mediterranean feta.
Because it’s made from cow’s milk, it has a milder, less salty taste than Greek feta (which is often made from sheep’s milk).
This works well when you don’t want a super salty cheese that may overpower delicate salad ingredients. Been there, done that, believe me.
What to do with feta dressing:
While a classic Greek salad with tomatoes and cucumbers comes to mind right away, I’ve found lots of other uses for this creamy feta dressing, including:
- drizzling on sliced watermelon
- dressing for a pasta salad
- adding some pizzaz to grilled chicken or beef kafta
- dressing for Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- serving as a dip for vegetables or crackers (see Home Chef Tip in recipe box)
- toss with a green salad, such as the one pictured above, where I used arugula, radishes, blueberries, strawberries and toasted almonds.
- serve over a turkey burger salad
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all ingredients to bowl of food processor fitted with knife blade attachment or blender and process until smooth. Can be served immediately, or, for best flavor, cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 5 days.
Home Chef Tip: To make a thicker dressing to use as a dip for vegetables or crackers, reduce milk to 2 tablespoons.
Foxes Love Lemons, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 3g
More great recipes using feta cheese:
- Deluxe Turkey Burger Salad – a filling dinner salad for a weeknight
- Greek Chicken Fried Rice – a fun recipe the whole family will love
- Bacon-Feta Potato & Green Bean Salad – try it this summer!
- Feta Terrines with Spring Vegetables – an easy but impressive appetizer
- Tomato Feta Soup from Cooking LSL
- Chicken Feta Spinach Pasta from Salt & Lavender
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Saputo Cheese USA Inc. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.