Frozen Tiramisu Cups
These Frozen Tiramisu Cups are a decadent five minute treat in a glass! Layers of coffee-soaked ladyfingers, ice cream and mascarpone whipped cream.
On my list of life regrets (although I try not to have too many) is not trying tiramisu when I was IN ITALY. What was I thinking?
I had a lot of gelato and some other great desserts, but just didn’t have a chance to try tiramisu in its motherland.
And you know what? Maybe that’s OK. Maybe if I had had it there, it would have ruined all other tiramisus for me, and I would only like strictly authentic tiramisu while scoffing at all others.
Maybe it would mean I would never open my heart to an adaptation like these Frozen Tiramisu Cups.
Are they authentic? No. Are they decadent, delicious and oh-so-easy to put together? Heck yes!
These frozen tiramisu cups are a great make-ahead recipe!
Since we’re heading into the holiday season, you can never have too many make-ahead dessert recipes in your back pocket.
This frozen tiramisu trifle is built with ice cream in small dessert glasses and covered and kept in the freezer until you’re ready to serve.
Psst – If you love desserts in individual glasses, don’t miss my Valentine’s day dessert shooters.
The ingredients for frozen tiramisu are simple:
How to make tiramisu cups:
If you have a little bit of coffee left over from the morning, grab it (that’s what I did). Or, brew a strong pot of coffee and let it cool.
You’ll be dipping ladyfingers in the coffee ever so briefly. They don’t need very long to instantly soak up all that coffee goodness!
Layer two ladyfinger halves in the bottom of each glass.
This brown sugar ice cream swirled with caramel and studded with cinnamon sugar shortbread cookies is the perfect complement to the coffee and cocoa flavors of the tiramisu.
After the ice cream, you’ll be doing another layer of coffee-soaked lady fingers.
Finally, you’ll be topping everything off with a mascarpone cheese and whipped cream mixture, and then a dusting of cocoa powder!
How long will this tiramisu trifle cup last?
You’ll want to cover each cup very tightly with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer. Eat within five days for best flavor and texture!
Hudsonville Ice Cream can be found in most grocery stores in Michigan and throughout the Midwest. Check the Scoop Locator on Hudsonville’s website so you can be sure to find which store near you carries this Limited Edition flavor. Also, be sure to connect with Hudsonville Ice Cream on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 8 ladyfingers, broken in half
- 1 cup coffee
- 2 cups Hudsonville’s Limited Edition Cinnamon Sugar Cookie ice cream
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- In bowl of mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat heavy whipping cream at medium-high speed 1 minute or until soft peaks form. Add mascarpone and beat until smooth.
- For each glass, briefly dip 2 ladyfinger halves in coffee and place in bottom of glass.
- Divide ice cream between glasses (about 2 - 3 small scoops per glass).
- Dip remaining ladyfinger halves in coffee and place over ice cream.
- Spread mascarpone whipped cream over ladyfingers, and dust with cocoa powder.
- Cover each glass tightly with plastic wrap. Transfer to freezer and freeze at least 2 hours or up to 5 days. Let stand at room temperature 5 to 10 minutes before serving to soften up a little bit.
Foxes Love Lemons, LLC is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. There is no additional cost to you.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 444Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 216mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 7g
More great frozen desserts:
- Frozen Yogurt Pie – so beautiful and so delicious.
- Mini Ice Cream Pies – a fresh, cool summer dessert.
- Frozen Chocolate Bananas – a great snack to keep in the freezer!
- Double Coffee Affogato – nothing better than coffee + ice cream.
- Peach Pie Ice Cream Bars – bookmark this for summer!
- banana pancake ice cream
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Hudsonville Ice Cream. Sponsored posts help me pay for the costs associated with this blog (groceries…lots of groceries), and help support me as I pursue a career in recipe development and food photography. All opinions are 100% my own.